Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bubba Boy's Birthday

He's 5! My little guy, the one I want to stay little forever. And it's just not happening. Ah well, I'll just keep enjoying him and pretending like he's not getting any bigger.

So, no pictures yet. Give me a few days and they'll be up.

But for now...

Eric had an awesome birthday. He had 6 of his little buddies over for a super hero party. I had set up a mini city for all the super heroes to protect. We decorated super hero masks and chased each other around squirting silly string all over everybody and everything. The party was topped off with a batman cake, ice cream and opening presents.

Eric spent the rest of the day playing with his new toys. I believe we own just about everything super hero related now. Not really, but man it sure feels like it.

We are apparently not allowed to call him "baby" or "little guy" anymore. He's 5 and to him that means he's mister big boy now.

Eric's favorites as of 5 years old:

Favorite super hero: Batman
Favorite color: Blue and yellow
Favorite food: Macaroni
Best friend: David and Spencer and all of them (that's exactly what he said)
What he wants to be when he grows up: A Firefighter

Amazing the changes that happens from birth to age 5. Sigh. I love my little bubba!

1 comment:

DRB said...

Happy Birthday Eric! Wow, 5 years old. - Grandpa

Melissa, I love how you write things. I wish I could do the same. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Pedro, Annaleise, Eric, and Bri