My brain is full. Thus my thoughts are being transferred from up there to here...
*Annaleise is great! Every once in a while she catches me WAY off guard. Today for instance:
A: "Mom, you want to hear my research?!"
M: "Your...re...huh? Uh, ya!"
Let me try to shorten this. She wrote a page in her journal about bees. A page about zebras. And 1/2 a page about lions (she wants to finish that one tomorrow). She told me lots of cool information and some fun stuff thrown in there too. Funny stuff she threw in was:
-"You know Tinkerbell has pixie dust, but that is not what a bee does have."
-"Zebras are made out of meat."
This girl cracks me up! She even had drawings. And to be quite honest, her drawings are way better than anything I could ever do. Super cool kid.
*I just ran my longest run in who knows how long. I've been focusing on uphill sprints to improve my pace and weight lifting, so I haven't run much more than 1 mile at a time. Tonight I did 3.26. Slowly. Oh so slowly. But faster than I would have run last year, so it's progress. And progress is good.
*I need someone to pinch me every time Eric turns his beautiful brown eyes on me. I melt and give in (sometimes not). I need to unwrap myself from around his finger. This mama is a sucker for her baby boy!
*Pedro went up to Joplin yesterday to help a family in our ward (church unit). When he came back I could tell the scene he saw shook him up pretty good. He just said pictures don't do it justice and words can't describe it. These tornadoes are scary stuff. He's heading back up Saturday and Sunday with a group of 250 men to help with the clean up.
*Which means I get to spend the weekend alone with the kids. I'm really excited! And seriously, there's no sarcasm there. I'm having the kids help me plan out fun activities to keep us busy and tire them out.
*Pedro's citizenship interview/test is less than a month away! And I'm pretty sure I know that test inside and out after helping him study for it. Ah, we're so close!
And now there's room in my head for a barrage of new ideas and thought to enter. Goodnight all! Pictures next time!
Oh wait...explanations from the previous pictures...
1. Eric making a silly face while sitting in his dump truck
2. Annaleise and Eric outside enjoying the downpour
3. Kids sleeping in our safe spot (the bathroom) during a tornado warning
4. Brianna sitting in the water table
5. This is how I find Bri after most naps and in the mornings. I wash her bedding more than anything else in this house. And we've double-diapered her (putting one diaper on backwards so she can't reach the tabs) and put pj's on backwards. This kid is just determined to have her way.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love the simple way kids think- and how they sometimes look at things backwards... My favorite was the "zebras are made out of meat" note she made in her research. What a sweetheart!
I had no idea you were so close to Joplin! In your ward? That is scary!
What a cutie Leise is! I love that she did her research. so adorable!
Post a Comment