Bri's been sick 2 weekends in a row. Last week was a stomach bug, the past 2 days have been a high fever. She's all better now, just a little bit cranky. It looks like a cuspid (vampire tooth) poked through.
Rain rain and more rain. I think our house is sitting on an indentation. We are surrounded on all sides by water. Hoping my flowers survive this.
Today we colored eggs, did an indoor egg hunt (nobody here was up for a deep sea diving session of egg hunting) and tonight we're making resurrection cookies.
I got to play the piano this morning. Oh how I miss it! I do get to play every week in primary, but I love pulling out new music and working on old songs. Someday I'll have my own piano. Someday.
Pedro's been a super handy man. He fixed the lawnmower and the garage door. He plunged the toilet in the kids bathroom and replaced the back light on the van.
Annaleise informed me she wants an i-pod for her birthday. Phht! Ya, that's not happening this year! Still can't believe she'll be 7.
I have 2 new goals for myself. The first is to run an 8 minute mile. I've been doing uphill sprints to help me achieve that. My 2nd goal is to lose 15 pounds--my reward? A hot stone massage. I don't have a date yet to have it done by. Pounds just don't come off this body easily. I've only lost 5 lbs since Bri was born--almost 2 years ago! Now that I'm officially desperate I've cut 500 calories out of my day, and am at the gym 6 days a week. Yes, that's why I'm hobbling a couple times a week. Dumb squats and lunges. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
Eric had the cavities on his bottom molars fixed a few weeks ago. Just a couple days ago we went in to have the cavities on his top molars fixed. Didn't happen. The doc didn't give us the prescription (phenergan?) that he gave last time. Holy cannoli, does that make a huge difference! He couldn't get past getting the laughing gas put on his nose. So we'll try again in 3 more weeks, this time with the calming meds.
Bri has some of the same tendencies as her older sister did at that age. Luckily, I am handling it much better this time around. However if she keeps it up my sanity is definitely going to take a turn for the worse.
I'm looking for some new things to do after the kids are in bed. I'm so tired of cleaning or tv/movies or being on the internet. I'm thinking of starting scrapbooking again. I've tried doing it on the computer, and it's just not for me. I started a baby book for Annaleise a long time ago and that's as far as I got. I'd like to do baby books for Eric and Bri, and also family vacation books, and getaway books. I still have a bunch of my supplies from years ago. I just need to organize and print out pictures and find more books and paper. I think it'll be fun. Even if I only do 1 page a week.
I'm so looking forward to school being out. I am sick of the alarm clock! I love being able to send the kids outside to play all day. And I love that Eric will start preschool in the fall. It'll be so odd to just have Bri to myself for a couple of hours.
And that's all folks!



2 comments:
I admire your weight loss plan! You're determined! My plan is too wait until that magic weight loss pill is invented :) I too, can't wait for school to get out. I hate having to make the bus every morning- because every time we miss it, that's the day the other kids decide to sleep in! I love your scrapbooking idea- sounds fun! Do you sew? I like to make a blanket every now and then for my kids or friends- and it usually happens at night... Or sometimes I save an errand, like grocery shopping, for the evening so that I can go somewhere by myself and meander instead of rush... just a couple ideas :) Glad you're doing well!
Wow you are one busy mamma! Way to go on going to the gym 6 days a a week that is so awesome. Hope Bri feels betther soon and that all the water will go away soon.
Post a Comment