Tuesday, August 25, 2009
When you can't have it all
I have fought a good fight. It's a losing battle, one that I will never win. I'm sending up my white flag in surrender. Clutter and dirt--the house is yours. You can take over. I'm spending my energies elsewhere now. Dirty clothes, go ahead and pile up high. Clean clothes, go ahead and take your place on the couch. Beds- remain unmade, we'll be sleeping in you anyways. Dishes-go ahead and sprawl out on the counters and table. I can stay a step behind from now on, no longer on top of you or a step ahead. So go ahead and do your damage. If you need me I will be playing airplane on the floor with my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
You are so awesome! I feel that way too sometimes.
Good attitude! I will try having that attitude and let you know how it goes.
Yeah another member of the team... Time with kids 1st then clean house 2nd...
Amen Sister! Oh my heck I totally feel that same way!! Playing airplane is so much better anyways! I can't believe you already have a kindergartener! Crazy!! How is she liking it?
Glad to know I'm not alone in the struggles of a clean house. And I only have one baby!! My sister-in-law has a great quote on her wall: "Pardon the mess, my kids are busy making memories". I really need to read that most days.
I love ya, your right where you should be...not necessarily being an airplane but being with your little ones =)
way to be positive about the paper airplanes! go, go !
Ah, my constant battle. I will win one day. I will. I may be old and decrepit, but I will have a clean house.
In response to your plea for help... I would say just watch some 80's movies, or music videos and copy the style. Blue eye shadow. Big hair or side pony tale. Stirrup pants, baggy clothes, white socks scrunched down, very bright colors... I know i am not much help, but really, music videos or movies will be much more help than I can. Good luck! Let me know how your costume and party turn out. I better be seeing some pictures!
That is so true it is hard to keep up on the house with 3 little ones. But a lot of times I enjoy cleaning the house because it gives me a break from my kids :)
love it
Can we come play airplane too? I'm with you- sometimes the battle for a clean house is. . . overwhelming to say the least. I loved the quote that Shannon shared- something I definatley need to remember ;)
Post a Comment