I got a big box yesterday. I love getting big boxes. I love getting small boxes. I don't love getting all the foamy egg-carton stuff that comes in the boxes. My kids LOVE that stuff. They tipped the box over, dumped all of it out, then stomped on it, smashed it, and threw it all up in the air. They had fun for oh, say 5 minutes. The next 2 hours they got to help clean it up. We were still cleaning it up after they were in bed.
And on top of that, this is the same day they decided to take an orange marker and color all over their bedroom floor. And Annaleise practiced writing her name all over her dresser and walls. So not only do I have to lock up all the scissors, but the markers, crayons, pencils and pens now too. Either that or actually check up on my kids every now and then to see why they are happily playing in their room oh-so-quietly. Aren't they fun?



4 comments:
Hahaha. I am so sorry about all of that. Not very fun. I think you should just keep a baby monitor in their room, and keep the other end with you, so you can always hear what they are doing. That is what I do with mine. Of course the worst thing he has done is eat my lipstick. Yup, he didn't write with it, he ate it. Sigh. Kids sure keep you on your toes.
Sometimes the messiest things are the most fun things to do. Looks like your family had a fun 5 minutes! What a fun mommy you are!
That is so much fun. I used to let my kids play in flour, it was always a pain to clean up, but it was worth the entertainment for the moment.
oops............
Post a Comment