Leise started preschool yesterday. For the past 48 hours I've been trying to figure out where the last 4 years went. Wasn't she just born? Or learning to walk? Or at the very least--wasn't she just in her terrible 2's that seemed to last forever?
She had a good time though. She picked out her own outfit--all pink. She went into the preschool and found toys and didn't even bother to hold onto me or Pedro for very long at all. And when I picked her up she was all smiles and wondering when she got to go back. I asked her all about her day and was told stories of riding bikes and swinging into a pool of blocks and learning about bu-bu-bee!
I think she was bored out of her mind when she came home. It didn't take her long to realize that preschool is much more fun than what we do here. Eric had a good 5 hour nap--he isn't used to waking up so early. The rain was pouring down so not much of a chance to play outside and Mommy crashed on the couch--also not used to waking up so early. So, while I was in a zombie-like state she used her time constructively: she found out where I hid the marshmallows. What a sugar rush that kid was on.
So tomorrow we do it again. The 6 am wake up call. The 45 minute drive--there has got to be a better way to get there--traffic is insane at 7:30! The dropping off of one kiddo. The next 3 hours alone with the other kiddo. The picking up of the kiddo. The insane long napping of the other kiddo--not complaining. The trying to stay awake and keep the other kiddo happy and marshmallow free.
And so life continues and changes. My kids get bigger and older and even start preschool. Wow.



3 comments:
SHe is sooo cute! I'm glad she enjoyed preschool. Isn't it amazing how the time flies! Running your errands will be so much easier with only one kid in tow. I can't believe you have a 45 minute drive! I'm glad Anna's preschool doesn't start until 8:30. Traffic has calmed down a LITTLE.
Oohh, I guess I have it pretty good. Dawson's preschool starts at 9:10am and is 2 blocks down the street. Good luck with your new schedule and hopefully Eric gets used to it too. You're such a good mommy...keep it up!!
Very cute picture of BOTH of you. Welcome to the next phase in your job as a mom!
Post a Comment